Dillon BL 550 BASIC LOADER
The Dillon BL 550 is the basic version of the RL 550B reloading machine. Instead of having the automatic powder measure and priming systems included with the RL 550B, the BL 550 offers a funnel system so weighed powder charges may be poured into the case without removing it from the shellplate. Primers are set into the primer seating arm by hand. The BL 550 will accommodate the widest variety of cartridges, from 32 ACP up through 338 Lapua, 416 Rigby and 460 Weatherby.
Dillon's description of this item:
The BL 550 is essentially an RL550B without the automatic priming and powder systems. Capable of loading more than 160 calibers- just like the RL550B- it uses any manufacturers' standard 7/8"-14 reloading dies. It's priced comparably with other manufacturers' turret presses; yet unlike them, it's fully upgradeable to Dillon's Progressive RL550B loader!
Machine shown with dies, caliber conversion kit, which are sold separately.
The BL 550 has a manually indexed shellplate, which not only makes it easier to master the various steps of reloading, it also gives the operator the most control over each individual step in the process. The simplicity of caliber changes makes it less expensive to tool up to load a different-caliber cartridge. The BL 550 has the same frame as the RL 550B, which offers a quick-detachable toolhead for easy die changes. When you’re ready to do so, the automatic powder measure and priming systems may be added at any time, and that upgrade will increase your production rate to 500 – 600 rounds per hour.
HOW IT WORKS
Reloading with Dillon’s BL 550 is EASY as (Station) 1-2-3-4!
Most shooters realize that reloading is the most economical way to enjoy their sport, but many shooters are unaware of just how simple it is to reload. In fact, Dillon’s BL 550 is one of the simplest reloading machines to learn to operate. The BL 550 enables you to complete all of the steps in the reloading process – one step at a time – without having to change (and then re-adjust) dies for each operation like you must with an old-fashioned single-station press. Skeptical? Follow me through the loading process.
• Place an empty cartridge case into the RL 550B’s shellplate at Station One. Lower the operating handle. The BL 550 will automatically deprime and resize the case. While the platform is in the “up” position, set a primer into the primer-seating arm. Raise the operating handle, and push it forward to seat the primer into the case.
• Advance the index sprocket with your thumb and lower the operating handle. At Station Two, pour your powder charge into the case. Raise the operating handle and advance the index sprocket with your thumb.
• At Station Three, place a bullet on the powder-charged cartridge case and lower the operating handle. This will seat the bullet into the case. (NOTE: with some manufacturers die sets, it may crimp the bullet in place as well.) Raise the operating handle and advance the index sprocket with your thumb.
• At Station Four you may use a separate crimp die (most Dillon die sets incorporate a separate crimp die to facilitate easier die adjustment) or simply advance the shellplate with your thumb and remove the loaded cartridge from the shellplate at Station One.
What next? Repeat steps “1” through “4.” Sound easy? You bet it is!
Of all the steps in reloading, the adjustment of the reloading dies is the most critical. With the Dillon BL 550’s removable toolhead, your dies will stay in perfect adjustment. There’s no need to screw them in and out – even when changing calibers! The BL 550 functions perfectly with any standard 7/8” x 14 die set. There’s less to go wrong, less to remember.
It’s Your Choice
You can struggle along with a slow, cumbersome single-station press with all its adjustments, changes and secrets, or make your life easier with a BL 550. If you’re thinking about a competitor’s reloader, before you put your money down, consider this: Dillon will let you try the BL 550 for 30 days. If it doesn’t live up to our claims (or your expectations), return it. We’ll refund your money, including shipping. Our warranty is simple. If it breaks, we’ll fix it FREE for as long as you own it.
Rifle and Pistol
The Dillon BL 550 will produce match-quality ammo for over 160 different rifle and pistol calibers. Priced at $259.95dding Two Die set 300 AAC C Series FL sizing Die and Bullet Seat Die. Also Included is a Lee Factory Crimp Die.
Dillon BL550 Basic Loader
- Brand: Dillon Precision
- Product Code: Dillon BL550 Basic Loader
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: $469.52